Change your YouSendIt Desktop apps to Hightail! (Or if you already have, get some bug fixes.)
Okay, by now that may be old news for you. We have turned on auto-update for Express, Desktop app, and our Outlook plug-in so that all your Desktop Applications will have our new name.
Hightail gives us a much wider playing field to expand and innovate for our customers and really represents where we are as a company. We are more than Send – we are a fully integrated collaboration solution. Our aspirations for where we want to go as a company will continue to take us beyond our early roots and we felt the name needed to represent that.
The launch of Hightail is more than simply a new name. It signifies a new company with new products and a new way of thinking. We have already far outgrown our original use case of only sending large files, and our name should reflect where we are as a company today as well as where we want to go in the future.
Here are some of the cool features we already had in our Desktop App that you may not know about:
1. Work directly from your YSI folder – any updates are propagated across all your devices automatically
2. Share folders and collaborate – you have access to the latest version right on your desktop, and you can share with anyone right from your folders
3. Get offline access to your files that live in the cloud – even if you’re not connected, you have access to all your files. And when you reconnect, everything you’ve done will be synced to the cloud
4. Choose folders to sync – only sync the folders you are currently active in, and you can still view all your folders by going to the web
We've also fixed a few things:
1) On Windows, Adobe Reader 11.08 would crash if you had the Hightail Desktop app installed.
2) On Mac 10.9, the share button on the Finder Tool bar wasn't working.
And of course, Express and our Outlook plug-in are the same workhorses you know and love - you can send files and folders from there (using drag & drop!) and download multiple files you've received as well.
If you've made it this far, thanks for reading. And we hope you enjoy your Hightail Desktop apps.