Community Manager
Kathleen

Introduce Yourself to the Hightail Community

[ Edited ]

Use this thread to tell us who you are and what you're all about!  Sharing your experiences and knowledge will help us deveop this community.

----
Kathleen, Community Manager at Hightail
Occasional Contributor
CampbellRunner

Re: Introduce Yourself to the Community

Hi my name is Maeve and I've been using YouSendIt for about a year now...  I've been perusing the community the last few months, but this is my first real post :smileyhappy:  Seems like a great place to get answers without having to call in.

Occasional Contributor
getobi

George T

Hi kathleen,

I've been using YSI for more than a year and I like its fast file transfer and ease of use.

George T.

Designer

Ticketing Agent
Rose22

I have been using YouSendIt for business and personal purposes and I love its ease of use as well, along with a peace of mind that my files are sent securely!

Thank you YouSendIt!!!!

Rose

Occasional Contributor
tracy0721

Re: Introduce Yourself to the Hightail Community

I've been using yousendit for about 6 months and loved it.  I use this to send content to both of my radio shows, and it's been a godsend.  I just had to say thank you, and to tell you that as I scrolled down to try and find the logout button, I saw you're little post saying that I looked good today.  Thanks for the laugh!

Community Manager
Kathleen

Haha, glad you like our humor, @tracy0721:smileyhappy:

----
Occasional Contributor
Sadhana

Hello HIghtail,

I've been using YouSendIt (now Hightail)  for quite some time now. This service is being extremely helpful for sending larger voice files .

Adolpho J Silva,

Accredited Translator

Mr.
Occasional Contributor
eLaReF

I used You Send It ocasionally, but have now moved, as with us all, to HighTail
With the increase in family pics needing sharing and the upgraded DLSR having much larger file sizes, I need to 'share' more, so will be using Hightail for this

Occasional Contributor
antidotefx

Hi, I'm antidotefx and I use Hightail almost daily, to transfer files to my freelancers and final high-resolution Quicktime files to clients.

One thing I noticed since you guys went "Hightail" is how on the Upload page, while uploading my "Estimated Time Remaining" always reads 5 seconds. What's up with that? I'm on a Mac and it's the same whether I'm on Safari, Firefox or Chrome browser.

Anyway, love the speed and reliability of the service, looking fwd to seeing the changes ahead!

Cheers,

antidotefx

Ticketing Agent
JuanNieto

[ Edited ]

My name is Brett, and I've been using YouSendIt and now Hightail for a couple of years.  I am a commercial production one-man-band in Las Vegas, producing Spanish language commercials and shows in high definition.  The company I work for has a paid account, and I use it to send commercials to clients for previewing every day.  I also use it to receive commercials for broadcasting by giving clients and production houses the link to our dropbox within Hightail, and I wish more of our clients and production partners were willing to actually use that link since it allows me to download with more speed than any other method I've tried so far.  My favorite is the Hightail Express app, as I don't have to navigate through the web page, and it seems to upload a bit more quickly than the web page.  There is a little trick that I've learned, however.  When sending multiple files to different recipients, it helps to use tabs in my browser to queue multiple simultaneous uploads.

Edit:  Juan Nieto is the name of the account holder, but I (Brett) am the primary user.  I love the purple car.

N/A
SissMom04

Hi,

My name is Kris, and I just started using Hightail. I create rather, eh-hem, large presentations for my CEO. Love him, hate trying to send them email! Thank you, thank you, thank you for this service!

Occasional Contributor
iidave

I have to say, the little tag at the bottom of your site, "You look great today!" and "You look great in those pants!" sort of creeps me out. Not sure if it's a joke, or a way to get a response, or if you are commandeering my camera and spying... I think an inspirational blurb would do you more good and wouldn't seems so, dare I say "Forward"... Other than that, I'm pleased with the service and simplicity.

Employee
Kelly

Hi Dave, 

Thanks for the post, glad to read you are pleased with our service :smileyhappy:

These blurbs are definitely meant to be fun and show we have personality behind our brand- hope they didn't creep you out too much!

For your reference we have support available to you here on our community, or you can get the phone number for our Customer Support team by clicking on the Home page of this Higher Learning support site and selecting the Contact Support button. We are always h...

We'd love to hear what you do for business and how you use Hightail- would you be interested in being spotlighted here on our Community??

~Kelly
Community Manager at Hightail

Occasional Contributor
josh1980

Hello all!  I am a professional photographer.  I subscribed to this service when it was Yousendit, now Hightail to send large files to my customers.  Mostly large zipped files or jpegs.  It's nice having the online storage for my frequently used documents, such as pricing, contracts, licensing agreements, etc.  So far the transitions from YSI to Hightail has been unnoticeable, other than my status bar during upload constantly reads 5 seconds.

I am a forum junkie.  Whether it come to customer service questions, product info, tutorials on how to work on my 4wheel drive vehicle, camera equipment, assembling a toddler bed, etc.  I turn to forums before calling customer service and look forward to chatting with y'all if ever I need any assistance.

Respectfully,

Joshua Duke

www.oneblacklab.com

Employee
Kelly

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for the post and taking the time to let us know who you are- we are stoked to read we work well for business needs!

We have heard from a few users now about the 5% progress bar issue, and our Ops team is looking into this further. Can you tell me what browser (and its version), you are using when you experience this? Are you able to reproduce on a different browser? The reason I ask is I haven't stumbled on this problem when using Safari, Google Chrome, or Firefox. 

Really like to read you like to browse forums- I am the Community Manager here at Hightail and would love any feedback you can give me on how you think we can spice things up! Be sure to check out our Teck Deck to learn the latest tips on how to get the most out of your Hightail account. 

Thanks again for your post, I look forward to your response!

~Kelly
Community Manager at Hightail

Ticketing Agent
prof48

I am a user misinformed, but eager to best use YSI.
I hope to learn

Occasional Contributor
Timmomo

Re: Introduce Yourself to the Hightail Community Timmo here from Central Ohio

Hello.  YSI user for past 3-4 years.  Totally get the Hightail re-image, good for you.  I'm a computer nerd-for-hire and part-time commercial voice talent.  I use Hightail to move my product and save my computer-med bag online so I can pull it out of the cloud any time I need it.  Pretty handy.

This isn't the place for tech support, but I'm looking for it.

Thanks for making this service available, I wish you well.

Timmo

Community Manager
Kathleen

Re: Introduce Yourself to the Hightail Community Timmo here from Central Ohio

Welcome, @Timmomo and thanks for posting!

While we may not offer instantaneous tech support right here in the community, I do my best to keep an eye out for questions that I can answer and point you in the right direction. What seems to be the issue you're experiencing? I'm happy to help or have our support team reach out.

Let me know how I can best support you!

----
Occasional Contributor
Nick-Astonish

Hi, I am Nick and I work for a company called Astonish!

I have been using yousendit..now Hightail for about 6 years now.  I used to send little video clips to clients, and now use it for high res images.

I work for a company that manufacture cruelty free, vegan approved, biodegradable cleaning products called Astonish.  My main role is marketing, so I do use hightail quite often and I have always been very happy with the service! long may it continue!

Nick Moss
Astonish UK
"Crueltyfreecleaning!"
N/A
dukeofprunes

Hi,

my name is Filippo Gaetani, I am a record producer working worldwide and have been using Yousendit for 10 years now. Every day, every week, every month. I will visit here later for news ideas and maybe suggestions.

Cheers

Filippo

www.filippogaetani.com

www.recordingfestival.com

Occasional Contributor
Loopitfrance

Hello, 

My name is Pascal NARPON, Loop-it Founder, owner of the Soulshine Music Studio  and Soulshine Artistic Director.

You may have comme across my work, since it is actually my funny face that helped Sam Rogers and Loop-it win the Yousendit contest. 

We were also finalists in the last video contest with the Soulshine collaboration video.

What a small world, isn't it ?

Presently, i am touring South East Asia, performing, teaching workshops, recording audio and video on a daily basis. And also raising money for the Soulshine Foundation, a beautiful house tat i own in Bordeaux, France and whose purpose is to become an international platform for music education, entrepreneur, networking and simply pushing the boundaries of international collaborative work, enabling the creative process.

I was wondering if you guys would be interest in following and supporting us, as a company providing an awesone service for the top entrepreneurs and media people of this planet.

Feel free to reach out @ loopitfrance@gmail.com

Wish you an awesome day, filled with smiles, achievements and fun community managing :-)

Pascal NARPON

------------------------------------
Pascal Narpon
Soulshine Artistic Director
+33 (0)6 67 95 24 89
+33 (0)9 50 27 10 18
loopitfrance@gmail.com
www.loop-it.com
facebook : Pascal Narpon
facebook page : soulshinetour
Youtube channel : loopitfrance

Malaysia 011 25 11 31 86
N/A
monsterjazzlick

Hi Kathleen/guys,

i am new to this forum.  i joined You Send It a couple of years ago but just learned that that the Company is now renamed HighTail.

i am stuck with uploading my Avatar if anyone can help please ??  Its worked on other sites ok, but just not this one !!

Thanks in advance,

Paul David Seaman

Occasional Contributor
mikesvocals

I am an actor from Spielberg's "Lincoln"...Senator RMT Hunter ....IMDb.com/name/nm2959447

"Killing Kennedy is broadcasting in november....I play Will Fritz...chief investigator of Oswald...

Hightail needs an acting face to rep. their organization...don't you think??  Your services have been invaluable to me and my acting/casting efforts...

Thank You....Mike Shiflett....  sag actor/singer/songwriter......

mshiflett...
N/A
joefairless

Hi Kathleen/Kelly,

I was asked to use YouSendIt by a General Contractor to whom I was bidding a fire protection project. I estimate fire suppression, fire alarm and fire extinguisher projects part-time for my high school buddy's business. I am also a single part-time college student and professional writer living in the Chicagoland area.

I haven't used your product recently, as I am not bidding as many projects as I used to, but I will continue to keep your service in mind and will recommend its use to others.

TTYL,

JF

Occasional Contributor
ilayasq

Hi, 

I am using yur service from more than a year and it is improving day by day still you have to provide better option to save photos like skydrive. 

Thank you

IQ

N/A
krb0255

The magic of landscape photos lies in their ability to transport your mind to anyplace in the world. My name is Kevin Boldenow and I am the owner of KRB PhotoImagery. My business, based in Stuart, Florida, offers a variety of stunning landscape photography. I also provide a number of commercial photography services including family portraits, modeling portfolios, and business photos.

N/A
citytime

Hi,

Recently launched www.citytime.tv is your video guide to what's on where in over 20 cities worldwide with new cities being added every month. Check out what to do or what to see when you visit London, New York, Los Angeles, Paris, Berlin, Singapore, Sydney etc. Search by city, by category or by keyword.

We have chosen Hightail (great name change) for our exhibitors from around the globe to send us their HD video for our free to air Internet connected video on demand TV Channels.

We would like to add your Hightail name change video to our upload page - please Hightail it now!

Cheers

Gary Napier

CEO

Community Manager
Kathleen

[ Edited ]

Wow - thanks everyone for your posts!  I will follow up with those of you who had individual questions, but love hearing your stories.  You may even have the chance to be featured in one of our community spotlights.

:smileyhappy:

Hope everyone is having a great week!

----
Aho
Occasional Contributor
Aho

Hi There,

I am having trouble accessing a file that a client sent to us. I have an account but have changed the login email to an email that fans out postings to a couple of people in our organization. So, when I try to access the file that the client has posted, I cannot because I am not able to login with the email address that the client shared the file with...When I try to setup another login using the email address that the user is sharing from it says there is already an account. Can you help, I desparately need to access this file. I've tried to change the login email address on our account but system says to contact support.

Occasional Contributor
EllisGraphics

Hello Kathleen,

I've been using YouSendIt/Hightail for a couple of years now—love it. I have new need though—can you tell me how can I use HT to allow folks to download a large PDF file from my website? Or can you point me to where I can find the answer? I searched the forums, but perhaps I'm not asking the right question.

Thanks,

Jeff

Community Manager
Kathleen

Hi Jeff,

Great question.  Have you tried embedding a link into your website that will direct folks to your PDF file? 

The Folders tab on our website is your space to store, share, and collaborate. When you create a folder, it can be used to backup all of your most precious family photos and videos, store private records, or collaborate with a business partner on an important presentation. When you roll over any file in the Folders section, you will see an Actions drop down menu that contains many actions you can take on the file. In this Knowledge Base article, we will be discussing the Get Link action (pictured below).

2013-07-09_20-52-00.jpg

The Get Link action is a quick and easy way to get a download link for one of your stored files. The great thing about this option is that you can drop the link into your website. When someone clicks the link, he or she will be taken to a download page.

Does this help?  Let me know if you have other questions...

----
N/A
bmanabolic1115

Hi, I don't know why the hell I'm being billed by your company or why nobody can pick up your phone in customer support. Oh, and where the hell is your live chat support? Your navigation is horrible.

N/A
davidevans1121

Hi There,

- Liked uou with YouSendIt - was our preferred way to send files.

- Then you became Hightail and now Uplink.

- Tried sending files three times yesterday only to have you capture my computer three times for a 16 minute download that failed each time.

- Tried customer support and after hearing the same message 10 times, I gave up and left you a message that I will only use your suscribed services.

- Even though I signed in as david.evans@pegmd.cts.com, your ID for us has been the art director from here 3 years ago.

- Not impressed, and we have gone back to DropBox.

Occasional Contributor
gspencer1121

Agree, sick of being hold going to cancel service.

Community Manager
Kathleen

Hi @bmanabolic1115 - I see that you were able to finally get through to Roger and he got everything sorted for you.  Apologies that it took so long! 

All the best to you.

----
Community Manager
Kathleen

@gspencer1121 - sorry for this, Gloria.  I see that Blythe was able to help you log into your account to print your receipt. 

Please let us know if we can help again in any way.

----
Community Manager
Kathleen

Hi David,

Kurt called you last week and left a voicemail - did you receive his message?  We definitely want to get your issues sorted out so you can use the service swiftly.

Let me know if you still haven't gotten through to anyone and I'll have our team reach out again.

----
Ticketing Agent
pjmac27

Hi, my name is Perry. Two months ago i tried to end my subsciption with Hightail. I've been billed for the last two months anyhow. Since being billed I decided to send some files but am having problems. After sending a 1GB file and seeing the "100 percent complete". It still says Don't close the window or it will fail. File is never delivered. I can't find a phone number to get support. Please help!!!

Community Manager
Kathleen

Hi Perry, I will have a support rep reach out to you to get this sorted out.  It sounds like there may be a connection glitch.  Stay tuned for an email from someone on our team.

----
Ticketing Agent
pjmac27

Hi Kathleen,

Again my "File being sent" message comes up and at the same time it says 100% complete. Huh?

Occasional Contributor
sbt_mtb

Hi - I just started using Hightail in the last month and I love it. Now I'm investigating whether or not the file-sharing functionality will be a good fit for my project team with members spread across three continents!  It will depend on how the versioning control works, but I'm excited about the potential. It seems like the desktop app especially would make collaborating on team files a breeze.

Occasional Contributor
iamislandgirl

I am still  trying to downgrade can support help please it says on the site if you cancel account you lose your files this is confusing please help Thanks

N/A
darryl1231

Hi there.  Same thing happened to me.  My correct email is darryl@societycleveland.com not darryl@societyloungewhich is the one i signed up with.  Please advise.

Kathleen wrote:

Use this thread to tell us who you are and what you're all about!  Sharing your experiences and knowledge will help us deveop this community.

N/A
cultuls0105

CANCEL MY ACCOUNT>>>I TRIED AND ONLY USED IT ONE TIME  (YOUR SO CALL FREE TRIAL)  AND YOU ARE STILL BILLING ME!!!!1 STOP IT PLEASE1   cultuls@aol.com

N/A
austinc1953

Just learning

I've been using Applian Replay AV for a number of years and not used this component.

Looking forward to seeing this work.

Austin

N/A
austinc1953

Auto Send

Does the application, when linked to Applian Replay AV allow for auto send?

I have it configured and the You Send It Lite window opens but seems to require an active SEND click.  I need the ability for Replay AV to send the file automatically.

Thanks

Austin

Ticketing Agent
gdmacri0114

I have been using Hightail since it was known as YouSendIt, and, as of yet, failed to master its quirks. When I send people my files the standard answer is "What a crappy service for sharing files.  They suck. Where do you find these things?  I can only see ½ the pictures and I can't download them."

I am trying to learn what I am doing wrong but find that I spend an inordinate amount of time looking for a comprehensive manual of some sort. You do not seem to have a logical approach to learning how to use the service,

I assumed that things would have improved when JWPlayer became involved. Any suggestion? 

Occasional Contributor
hknapp18

Thank you for your fine service.

H. Knapp, Ph.D.

Community Manager
Kathleen

Hi everyone, thanks for your posts! I will send individual private messages to those of you requesting account help. 

----
Ticketing Agent
gdmacri0114

In trying to resolve my problem I contacted high tail via the chat line. After chatting with a friendly and knowledgeable individual I was given some information on how to operate the system. I am hoping that this will help me to resolve my problems(