Co-Pilot
videoopp

More Custom Branding Questions

Perhaps I have not noticed this in the past as I have not had to download my own files, but in the tests that I have sent to myself to see what my client is going to see when they go to download a file from my "custom branded" Pro Plan page of Hightail, it sure seems to be a LOT more about Hightail than it is about me.  Is this new, or has this always been the way it was? 

Currently my logo has been cut in half and is a LOT smaller than the new Hightail Stopsign Logo. 

Instead of being a "custom branded" page of my business, the download page seems to be more of a BIG hook to get my clients to sign up to Hightail! This is not cool Hightail!

The page design the way it is right now on my "Custom Branded" Download page has "Features, Plans, Apps, Enterprize"  as well as "Log In, and  Free Trial"  links right on the same line as my Logo.  This is NOT a custom branded page.  Must of my downloaders are not that computer savy.  They are going to think that all of these links have something to do with my business.  They are going to think that they need to "Log In" with their log in info from my site, in order to download their file! They are going to Click away from my download page to Hightail and wonder what happened to their download link, and who is Hightail!  I am afraid that they will think that they have just been spamed and hightail away from the site and their download!

I know that you are in transition, but I need to know if there will be an option to do away with all of these hooks in to Hightail.  I don't mind paying more for real custom branding, and I would not mind one SMALL "Powered by Hightail" link at the bottom of the page to take interested people to Hightail, but if this is the way that it is going to look, if I am stuck with Hightail branding, a huge Hightail logo, colors and links, Then I need to find another solution, and I want my year subscription that just went through, refunded.  I can't use this the way it is.  Please tell me this is just a transitional design issue and that one of the "great new services" that you are rolling out, includes REAL Custom Branding.

Is this being monitored by support?  Do I need to submit a ticket on this??

Media Producer
Community Manager
DaveLang

Re: More Custom Branding Questions

Hi Videoopp,

I passed your well written message on to our VP of design who is taking this to heart.  It's too early to say what actions we'll be taking at this point, but the ability for our business customers to express their brand on their pages is important to us.  Our design and product teams will be meeting on this soon.  You can expect continual improvement with your Hightail experience, with your branding being a top consideration in our designs.  Thanks for your feedback!

Dave Lang

David Lang
Sr. Director, Customer Support
Co-Pilot
videoopp

Hi Dave,

Sorry, new to this forum.  I did not know that hitting the "Thanks, Right Answer" made it "solved"  I wanted to afirm the answer, as it at least holds out hope that something will be worked out on this.  Since my last message, I have redone my logo to make it fit to the new peramiters.  It is no longer getting cut in half.  But I can't help but notice that while it is about the right size in the emails that go out, it seems to be extremely reduced in the header of the download page.  Perhaps this is just a temporary design issue as a result of the transition, but I almost have to get out my magnifying glass to see it.  When the download page is almost blank anyways, especially if there is only one or two items to download, is there any reason why this header area has to be so small?  Perhaps the logo could be below the header, and this maintain it's real size? 

A further issue is that for the email, the png logo needs dark colored text in order to be seen well, but with the dark background of the header of the download page, the logo with the dark text gets lost.  I have my logo in both white and dark text and could provide two versions, but at the moment, the software only seems to allow the uploading of one logo.  It would be nice if some attention could be given to this as well.  Again, if the custom logo did not have to be in the header, this would solve the problem.  I believe that it would further reduce the possible confusion with having my logo on the same line with all of the Hightail Links.  The would break up the association of my branding with Hightail branding errr .... can we call it adware links?

You guys are providing a great service at a great price.  Believe me I have checked around over the last couple of days!  The unlimited storage is a real big positive for my business scheme.  No other service comes close to what you are offering here.  I believe that you are totally justified in having a little adware for the prices that you are offering for this, but it sure would be helpful if you could design it in such a way that it is very clear that it is advertising and NOT part of my site or download requirements (to log in for example)

I am sure that the server glitches that have been reported over the last week are just part of the transition.  When I did my test sends to myself last night the email headers came from yousendit rather than hightail.  Hopefully setting it this way will resolve the problems that people were having getting their emails blocked as spam.

Now if you can just give us a little more custom branding, a little less Hightail advertising on our download pages, all will be well again!  I know that you like the orange (sorry for calling it red) but if you could give us the option of changing at least the color of the download button to match our own website color schemes, I believe that it will help our clients feel as though they have landed on the right page!

By the way, the new name does not bother me so much.  I don't understand why any business would want to throw away years of brand recognition, worth millions, to start over again from scratch, but the name is not a big negative for me as it seems to be for others.  Perhaps it is growing on me.  I think "speed", perhaps tall ships, skipping over the ocean!

Thanks for your consideration.

Media Producer
Employee
DRob

Hi Videoopp (if that is your real name?!),

We're working on a whole host of solutions for custom branding that goes far beyond just a logo that I think you're going to like and your intuition is correct, this is the first phase of what's happening in the weeks/months to come (think COMPLETE control over your page!). As far as the brand is concerned, I know some may be scratching their heads but it was really too limiting, we aren't just a "Send" company anymore and unless we shed that image we weren't ever going to move past it. And besides "can you YouSendIt to me" doesn't exactly roll off the tung like "Hightail it to me" does. Now that's fast!
Co-Pilot
videoopp

Good News!  I wait with great anticipation!

Media Producer
Occasional Contributor
security

Yes, what is up with the "custom branding" that was a major factor in our deciding to use YSIT in the first place.

I feel a bit cheated too.

Ticketing Agent
info0728

The "custom branding option" was one of the three main reasons to decide to use and pay for  yousendit tree years ago. I realy hope that a BIGGER banner wil be maid available soon.

It msut go about us. with a small link to hightail in some corner "powered by hightail" or so.

Flight Attendant
Ardent

I very much agree.  Since the rebranding I've been receiving more and more files from clients using their own Hightail accounts.  My clients are clearly confused- instead of uploading their files as they always did, they are being directed to login and open their own accounts.  Well here's another customer that will have to find an alternate solution if this isnt resolved.

Thanks for you time

Flight Attendant
JohnWildgoose

I have spent ages forming my branding so it (just about) fits in what I thought was all the various web and email pages you have designed with all kinds of different headers and colours and what-not.

I thought I had a solution (a transparent background PNG file). I wanted white type to fit your web page header, but that's no good as it doesn't show up on the emails my clients get to say they have files to d/l.  

So I did it with a grey not white font, looks bad on the web page but what can I do? And now I see ANOTHER page with different format where the only image size we are allowed CLEARLY doesn't work.

See below, the "PHOTOGRAPHY" under my name gets cropped.  Why do you secify the logo has to be 100 pixles deep and then issue a page where the format clearly does not allow this depth. It also does not line up with the rest of the typography on your page, where it does elsewhere.

This really needs sorting out. It's very scrappy, the design is all over the place.You are making us look very unprofessional. If you are only going to allow us one logo for all pages and emails, at least get your design grids to cooperate with us, keep the type face consistent, or give us more options to load our logos and have them work everywhere. At the moment it's rubbish.

Hightail error

Employee
PriyankaT

Thanks for the feedback and apologizes for the inconvenince. We understand the concern and our team is working to fix the issue. Besides the requests mentioned on this thread, we are also working on adding more custom branding solutions. 

Stay tuned!

Thanks,

Priyanka

Product Management 

Product Manager - Mobile
Occasional Contributor
AirwindCreative

TOTALLY agree with the customer concerns and posts.  In fact, I JUST FOUND OUT that our custom branding banner/logo/etc is NOT even showing up on the Hightail site.  Very disappointed.

As others have stated, this was one of the MAIN REASONS we chose to go with YouSendIt.  

Sigh... awaiting the update and change.

T

Flight Attendant
JohnWildgoose

and now there is no syncing going on with my folders.

I'm out. Back to Drop Box I'm afraid. I have years of data in your cloud and to be frank, I no longer trust it. I see all the files in the web site view of the cloud, but for the last hour the syncing has failed on tiny pdfs, just grinding away and no progress indicator. Awful. Scary and Awful.

I've got this on years of accounts data. (as one example of many). The folder that is supposed to be syncing has two little pdfs in it. So far it has taken over an hour to sync. The other folders are empty. I have no idea what the two half circular arrows with the white line through them on a red backgroudn mean.

Occasional Contributor
osbertkwan

Totally agree with John. I have been waiting for the improvement for over a month, contacted sales and all the support I could get. Nothing happened and my logo is still half chopped. We paid more to upgrade to the branding feature but now having the logo gone?! Look so unprofessional and mickey mouse..... I am afraid I have to use another supplier....