Occasional Contributor
jason_low
Accepted Solution

Sending a file without receipient having to sign-up

Hi,

I am having an Enterprise account with my company. Does anyone know how can I send file without the receipient having to sign-up all the time. Is this my company policy or hightail policy? I just could not imagine one should always sign-up just to receive a file (especially when it is not frequent receipient).

cheers,

jason

Co-Pilot
videoopp

Re: Sending a file without receipient having to sign-up

I don't believe they have to sign up.  All they need to do is hit the download button.  The confusion is caused by Hightail putting their links on the same line as where your branding goes, making it look like they have to login.  They do NOT need to login.  Just hit the download button.  I have this instruction right in the email that goes out to my clients.  This is something that you can customize, a little blurb that you write.

Hightail has promised full real branding, that will hopefully get rid of these very confusing links, at least on the same line as our branding, but so far nothing has happened on that front.  Soon...we hope.

Media Producer
Co-Pilot
videoopp

Hmmmm  difficult to do testing today as email notices are not going out...   What is going on Hightail?  I need this to work.  I am sending a lot of files out to clients this weekend....  Please let us know what is happening..

Media Producer
Employee
Kelly

Hi Jason,

Your recipients do not need to have Hightail accounts, just as long as you do not select the verify recipient identity send option. If you select this option, the only way we can verify them is if they have a Hightail account registered to that email address. 

:smileyhappy:

Hope this helps! Be sure to let me know if you have any further questions. 

~Kelly
Community Manager at Hightail

Occasional Contributor
jason_low

Thank you Kelly. It worked perfectly :smileyhappy:

Employee
Kelly

[ Edited ]

Glad I could help Jason, be sure to let me know if you need any future support :smileyvery-happy:

~Kelly

Flight Attendant
bethere360

I can no longer use this service!!!

You are confusing my clients by putting the folders option on my download page.  I simply want a download button for files I am sending to my clients.  I am paying for a service that you have changed in the middle of my plan. You have created a support nightmare for my company. If you do not offer a download only page I will be forced to discontinue my plan and ask for my payment to be refunded.

Walt

Occasional Contributor
kelly0901

NONE OF MY RECIPIENTS ARE RECEIVING THE FILES I SEND, YET I GET A CONFIRMATION FROM HIGHTAIL THAT THEY GOT THEM. THIS NEVER HAPPENED WITH YOUSENDIT!!!!!

Pilot
bubly399

[ Edited ]

I find the email notifications sent to the file recipient even more problematic than the download page itself.  The "download" button in the email notifications is just a small print link with no background.  The "save to folders" button has larger print on a colored button.  This is not the way the notifications were a few months ago.  Can you please make the "download" button more of a button, and more prominent than the "save to folders" button, because this has caused much confusion and frustration for clients.

Pilot
bubly399

[ Edited ]

Or better yet, can you have just one button in the notification emails (like other services do), that just takes you to the download page.   The download page has the same "download" and "save to folder" options anyway.  The notification emails now are VERY confusing and overcrowded, and more than a bit of a mess.  Other services' emails with only one button are very clean and straightforward, and not confusing for the recipient.  Sorry, but I think the Hightail notification emails are messy and redundant to what's on the download page.  But worst of all, confusing for the recipient.

Employee
Kelly

Hi Kelly,

I will follow-up with an email to you now so I can investigate this further.

~Kelly

Employee
Kelly

Hi Bethere,

You will be relieved to know that we are planning to release a re-design of the new recipient download page. We have been given back plenty of feedback on what our users would like to see different (very much like what you posted here- so thank you even though not good to read!), and will follow-up when we release.

Thanks for the post,

~Kelly

Flight Attendant
bethere360

Thanks for the update.  I hope you resolve this issue.  It is a certain dealbreaker for me is the download page continues to confuse my clients. 

Occasional Contributor
pamvanorden1121

I am trying to send files to my family members. I am being told that they are getting continual error messages and cannot download the files without signing up. I find it embarrassin that they are being put though this hassle.The verify recipient button was not checked on either of the two folders that i uploaded.

Please show me how to change my account so that recipients can actually receive the files without having to give you any information. I want to make the files that are already uploaded onto the server actuallly availble to the recipients. This should not be rocket science.

This is especially frustrating becuase I can do this easily with my other file transfer services and this is the second time I have had to go to another service because this one could not solve my problems. This will be my make or break with Hightail after several years as a premium customer with Yousendit. 

Occasional Contributor
tdsmultimedia

if you want to download them individually yes....

but if you send multiple files....

hightail wants them to create an account.....

why pay for a service that sucks in your clients....

try another one....

Kelly wrote:

Hi Jason,

Your recipients do not need to have Hightail accounts, just as long as you do not select the verify recipient identity send option. If you select this option, the only way we can verify them is if they have a Hightail account registered to that email address. 

:smileyhappy:

Hope this helps! Be sure to let me know if you have any further questions. 

Community Manager
Randy

Hi @tdsmultimedia ,

Thanks for your post!

Hightail does not require the recipients to have an account in order to download files, even if you send multiple files.  As stated in Kelly's post, the only reason the recipient would need to create an account is if the sender put a "Verify Recipient Identity" security option. 

Hope this helps!

Have a good day!

Randy
Hightail Customer Support